Restore Google Maps API Key After Upgrading Abiquo
You must back up the Google Maps API key before you upgrade Abiquo and restore it after the upgrade is complete.
Using Maps in AbiquoAbiquo 2.4 uses the http://www.openstreetmap.org/ maps in the GUI.
Obtaining a Google Maps API Key
Under the heading "Obtaining an API Key", click on https://code.google.com/apis/console. Google may ask you to log in and also create a project. Then you will see the Google API Dashboard.
- On the Google API Dashboard, on the left menu, click Services.
- In the list of services on the right, scroll down to "Google Maps API v2". Click to activate the API.
- Then on the left menu again, click API Access.
- To the right, locate "Simple API Access". Copy the value of the "API key:" field (for example For example, AIzPSyDryNhzxEdtfDnGQBKDAtzFqRhjeTUEh_g ) and save it somewhere secure.
Adding the Google Maps API Key to Abiquo
Now you will add the API key you copied above to the Abiquo Server.
- Log in to the Abiquo Server as root
Change to the client-premium directory
Edit the index.html file and add the Google Maps key. For example
var googleMapsKey = "AIzPSyDryNhzxEdtfDnGQBKDAtzFqRhjeTUEh_g"
- Reload Abiquo in your browser, which will log you out.
- Confirm the installation by using "View Source" on the Abiquo login page. You should see the API key.
- When you log in to Abiquo, you should see the point marking the location of your datacenter.
Improve Datacenter Location Details
If your datacenter is not correctly plotted, try adding more details of the location. For example, if your datacenter is located in Barcelona, Venezuela and you enter Barcelona, the map will show the location as Barcelona in Spain. In this case, you would enter "Barcelona Venezuela" (without any punctuation such as commas) in the Datacenter location for a correct visualization.
Google Maps API Error Message
If you make a mistake when adding the Google Maps API key, the following error message will display. Restore the correct key and the system will work again as usual.