Backups Before Upgrade
- Before you upgrade Abiquo, you should ensure you have a full backup of Abiquo.
- The upgrade process will perform an automatic backup of essential files.
- You should back up all cron jobs, scripts, etc.
- You can perform a quick backup of GUI customizations before upgrading Abiquo and follow the general restore guidelines as described below.
Abiquo Upgrade Automatic Backup
Each time you upgrade Abiquo, the upgrade process creates a backup of the current version in /opt/abiquo/backup:
Quick backup of the UI directory
This quick backup will copy your UI directory, including branding and UI customizations, so you can restore them if necessary after the upgrade.
The UI directory includes: branding and UI customization (e.g. SSL, languages, keyboards).
- Log in to a shell on the Abiquo server with a user with root permissions
Make a backup copy of the UI client folder
mkdir -p /opt/abiquo/UIbackup
cp -R /var/www/html/ui /opt/abiquo/UIbackup