An Abiquo instance is a new template that you create from VM disks.
- In Azure the Abiquo instance functionality has been disabled in Abiquo 4.7.0 pending further development.
To create an Abiquo instance, do these steps:
- Select and shut down each VM that you want to copy, then click Create instance
- Select a VM from the dialog
- Enter a name that will enable you to identify the new template
- Optionally select the VM disks to save to a new template in the template library. If no disks are selected, the instance will copy all disks
- To create more instances, select Keep window open
- Click Create instance. The platform will lock the VM to create the instance
- If you kept the dialog open, click Back to list and create more instances as required, then close the dialog
The platform will store your new templates in the Apps library.
- In vCloud Director, when you create an instance template from a multi-disk VM, the template will be correctly created in vCloud with all of the disks. The platform will display only one disk with the sum of the sizes of all the disks. It will also display only one disk when you create a VM from the template. When you deploy the VM, the Broker will correctly detect the disks and display them on the VM details Storage panel.
- In Amazon, when you create a VM from an instance template, the platform will display one disk only, with the total size of all disks. After you deploy the VM, the platform will update the additional disks.