The platform enables you to connect to a console of a VM for remote access. The VM must be deployed and powered on.
- It make take up to 15 minutes after deploy for the initial guest password to propagate to a VM, especially for Windows systems
- To obtain the remote access password, select the VM and go to the VM control panel → General → click Show password
- To obtain VM credentials check your email or SMS, or click the key button to display guest initial password or the default credentials button
To connect to your VM from the user interface:
- Select the VM and on the control panel, click the Eye icon
- In the Remote access dialog, enter the credentials, for example:
- For VNC to hypervisors: the Remote access password
- For SSH to Linux VMs: the Remote access password and the SSH private key (in the Decryption password box)
- For RDP to Windows VMs: the VM user name and the password
- If necessary, log in to the VM with the appropriate credentials
The remote access connection to the VM will open and you can log in and work with the VM.
- Remember to change your administrator password as soon as possible.
- You cannot change the remote access password for ESXi using hot reconfigure. You must restart the VM for the password change to take effect
- Remember to add a firewall to allow access to the appropriate ports, for example, RDP for Windows
- In AWS, you must add a private IP on a public subnet to use a public IP; In Azure, you must add a public IP
- If you cannot connect due to an unsecured certificate error, open a new tab in the same browser, enter the host IP of the VM, and accept the certificate.