Using Google Maps in AbiquoAbiquo uses Google Maps for the map display, which requires the server to have Internet access. From Abiquo 3.2.2 onwards, the map view is optional and statistics can be shown instead. In new installations, the map view is the default for Infrastructure view. In upgraded installations, to enable the map view, set the appropriate property in the client-config.json file.
The Google maps API key should be added to the client-config.json file as described below.
Obtaining a Google Maps API Key
Now you will add the API key you copied above to the Abiquo Server.
- Log in to the Abiquo Server as root
Change to the UI directory
Back up the client-config-custom.json file, for example
cp client-config-custom.json ~/client-config-custom.json.backup
If necessary, edit client-config-custom.json to enable Google Maps
Add the Google Maps key. For example:
- Reload Abiquo in your browser, which will log you out.
- Confirm the installation by using "View Source" on the Abiquo login page. You should see the API key.
- When you log in to Abiquo, you should see the arrow marking the location of your datacenter.
- Improve Datacenter Location Details: If your datacenter is not correctly plotted, try adding more details of the location. For example, if your datacenter is located in Barcelona, Venezuela and you enter Barcelona, the map will show the location as Barcelona in Spain. In this case, you would enter "Barcelona, Venezuela" in the Datacenter location for a correct visualization.